Materials NeededAll the materials used to create the Blaster Rifle in this website were bought at the local Hardware store (except for the windshield wipers). The parts cost just a little over $50.00 USA. If you were to build more than one Blaster at one time, the cost might drop to under $40.00. Mass buying saves money in the long run.
The materials used are as follows.
- 1 1/4 inch thin wall electrical pipe. 15 inches long. Make sure it's thin walled electrical pipe and not thick-galvanized water pipe.
- wire guide plate.
- 1 inch galvanized pipe endcap (you need two of these).
- 1/2 inch threaded galvanized pipe connector.
- 3/8-to-1/2 inch and 1/2-to-3/4 inch galvanized pipe reducers.
- 3/4 inch galvanized coupling
- adjustable 1/2 inch - 1 inch pipe mounting bracket.
- Star Wars toy blaster rifle (for size reference, or check around on the web for accurate Sterling machinegun blueprints)
- 1/2 inch pipe casing. (This will be used for decoration on the replica.)
- Brass security bracket for a door. (This will be used for decoration on the replica.)