Now we will construct a homemade vacuum-form table with which we will
have hours of fun with scalding hot plastic! This is a really easy set-up. Read the instructions all the way through and see just how easy it is.
The vacuum forming process involves:
- Clamping a sheet of plastic into a sturdy Holding Frame.
- Heating the plastic sheet until it becomes soft.
- Placing the frame and the plastic over a mould which is siting ontop of a Vacuumforming Table.
- Applying 'vacuum pressure' to the vacuum table (therefore sucking the plastic onto the mould.)
- Letting the plastic cool while still applying vacuum pressure.
- Separating the plastic from the mold once the plastic is cool.
GoTo: The HOLDING FRAME